Sunday, March 4, 2018

Count Five - "Cartesian Jetstream"

Just a quickie this week.

A few weeks back I created a "new" album for the Count Five, Carburetor Dung. The title came from an essay by writer Lester Bangs in which he fantasized that instead of breaking up after only one album, the band had gone on to record five more, each one better than the last.

In that same spirit, I give you Cartesian Jetstream, an EP with all the remaining Count Five tracks that weren't on the band's debut or my imagined Carburetor Dung.


SIDE A
1. So Much
2. Enchanted Flowers
3. Coconuts

SIDE B
1. Mailman
2. God Alone (Above)
Bonus Track: Psychotic Reaction [alternative version]

For a cover, I Googled "Cartesian Jetstream," and this diagram came up. So I took that and added the band's name and album title.

Alas, there are no other recorded songs that I know of to create Ancient Lace and Wrought-Iron Railings or Snowflakes Falling on the International Dateline, the other two Count Five albums from Bangs' essay.

Next week's entry will be significantly longer.


4 comments:

  1. Really wish they did more music

    Anyways, I have a little idea on what The Beach Boys could have done after SMiLE

    https://imgur.com/a/UpQCP

    A triple lo-fi album

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, a triple album by the Beach Boys. They seemed to have had trouble producing every album after "Pet Sounds," including a lot of record exec vetoing. I can only imagine the record execs' reaction this! haha

      Delete
  2. I like your triple album,i replaced 'Honey Get Home' with 'The Letter' and 'Lonely Days' with 'How She Boogaloo'd It' as i haven't got those tracks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm... I think you've confused this with someone else's work?

      Delete