Sunday, July 28, 2019

Cheap Trick - "Cheap Flicks"


For this entry, I put together a compilation of Cheap Trick tracks that have appeared as part of various movie soundtracks over the years.

  1. Everything Works If You Let It ["Roadie"]
  2. Reach Out ["Heavy Metal"]
  3. I Must be Dreamin' ["Heavy Metal"]
  4. Spring Break ["Spring Break']
  5. Born to Raise Hell ["Rock & Rule"]
  6. I'm the Man ["Rock & Rule"]
  7. Ohm Sweet Ohm ["Rock & Rule"]
  8. Up the Creek ["Up the Creek"]
  9. Mighty Wings ["Top Gun"]
  10. Money (That's What I Want) ["Caddyshack II"]
  11. You Want It ["Say Anything"]
  12. I will Survive ["Gladiator"]
  13. Wild Thing ["Encino Man"]
  14. Surrender '99 ["Detroit Rock City"]
  15. Transformers (The Fallen Remix) ["Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen"]

What I've included are Cheap Trick songs that were exclusive to the films, i.e. songs that didn't appear on the band's regular albums. So although "Surrender" and "I Want You to Want Me" were used (along with a few other band tracks) in many films over the years, they are not included here (except for the rerecorded version in 1999).

I put the tracks in chronological order, beginning with "Everything Works If You Let It" from 1980 through to "Transformers (The Fallen Remix)" from 2009. And since this would be a post-2009 release, I didn't divide the album into two sides like I usually do for a theoretical vinyl album. 


Most of the tracks can be found on the official soundtrack albums, and some can also be found on band compilation albums.There was never a soundtrack album released for the animated film "Rock & Rule" (aka "Ring of Power"), and Cheap Trick's three songs from the film were eventually released on the compilation Sex, America and Cheap Trick.

"Transformers (The Fallen Remix)" appears on the soundtrack for "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen," but is not actually used in the movie for some reason. I decided to only include songs from movie soundtracks, but you could also include "Out in the Streets" (aka "That '70s Song") from the TV show "That '70s Show."


For a cover, I used a movie marquee generator and then made some simple modifications.

No comments:

Post a Comment