Sunday, July 1, 2018

"Who's That Knockin' on My Door?" soundtrack



This is my first in a series of soundtrack albums for three Martin Scorsese films that were never released.

Who's Knocking on My Door? was Scosese's first feature film, released in 1967. Not only was no soundtrack album released, but the songs in the film weren't even credited in the film.

Using the Independent Movie Database website, I found a full list of the songs used in the film to build the album.

SIDE A
1. Jenny Take a Ride -- Mitch Ryder and The Detroit Wheels
2. I've Had It -- The Bell Notes
3. El Watusi -- Ray Baretto
4. Shotgun -- Jr. Walker and the All-Stars
5. Our Love is a Vow -- The Victorians
6. Don't Ask Me (to be Lonely) -- The Dubs
7. Ain't That Just Like Me -- The Searchers

SIDE B
1. The End -- The Doors
2. The Closer You Are -- The Channels
3. The Plea -- The Chantels
4. Who's That Knocking -- The Genies

The song selection is heavy on doo-wop. Whether this was because Scorsese really liked doo-wop or because getting the rights to use them in his film was cheap, I don't know.

I am a little surprised he got the rights to a Doors song. I wouldn't think that would be very economical for a low-budget film since the band was a very hot commodity in 1967. Due to the length of "The End," only four tracks are on the second side.

I used a picture from a DVD to make an album cover.




No comments:

Post a Comment